Ek Balam Ruins Tour
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Discover Ek Balam, one of the most beautiful and well-preserved of all the uncovered Mayan cities.
Learn about its secrets from an expert bilingual guide.
Climb the Acropolis, the last resting place of King Ukit Kan Lek Tok.
Roam these mystical grounds on your own during an hour of free time.
Enjoy a delicious box lunch and a refreshing beverage on the scenic ride back to your hotel.
Journey with us to one of the best kept secrets of the Mayan world. Ek Balam, often translated as “Black Jaguar,” is tucked away from the pristine beaches of the Riviera Maya, and buried deep in the lush jungle of the Yucatan peninsula. Home to a wide range of animal species—from a large variety of birds such as parrots and herons to the mammal life like the elusive ocelot—the Balam ruins are considered some of the most beautiful of all the uncovered Mayan ruins, and most definitely some of the best preserved.
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Ek Balam
- Bilingual certified federal tour guide
- Bottled water
- Umbrellas to protect from sun or rain
- Wet towels after tour
- Lunch box and beverages on way back to hotel
Know before you book
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Minimum Age: 8 years
What to bring
- Biodegradable sunscreen and repellent
- Comfortable shoes
- Money for souvenirs