Tulum, Cenote & Snorkeling Tour
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
6 and a Half Hours
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Prepare yourself for adventure to the max with our Tulum cenote and Yal Ku snorkeling tour! Start by marveling at the crumbling architecture of the ruins of Tulum. This pre-Columbian Mayan walled city is situated on tall cliffs that back up to the ocean for an incredible view! Continue your journey to a fresh-water Mayan cenote (or natural sinkhole) and jump in the brisk waters for a guided eco-tour.
Navigate through breathtaking caverns as you explore the ancient rock formations up close. Go on a snorkeling discovery at the gorgeous Yal Ku where saltwater meets freshwater to create a habitat brimming with aquatic life, and finish your day relaxing on the beach with a delicious lunch at the Punta Venado beach club.
Pristine Snorkeling — Protected From the Rough Sea
While there are many snorkeling options in the greater Cancun area, few are more unique or more breathtaking than snorkeling in Tulum in the waters of Yal Ku as well as the cenotes in the area. These beautiful, naturally-occurring bodies of water are found inland, tucked away from the currents of the sea. Unique in their geology and dazzling in their array of marine life, Yal Ku Lagoon and the cenotes near Tulum offer a truly one-of-a-kind swimming experience.
On our Cenotes Tulum tour, you’ll get the opportunity to explore the popular cenotes near Tulum firsthand with state-of-the-art safety equipment and the expert guidance of our tour leaders. We’ll show you some of the most incredible and easily-navigable Cancun underwater caves while ensuring your safety at every step. We’ll also visit Yal Ku Lagoon, a large, shallow cenote famous for its marine inhabitants—including sea turtles, tropical fish, and more!
About Yal Ku and the Cenotes of Tulum
Thousands of years ago, ocean levels began to drop to where they are today. The movement of water over centuries created holes and gaps in the landscape, some of which were close enough to oceans to retain water. These connected yet mostly landlocked bodies of water are known as cenotes. The greater Cancun region is home to a number of popular cenotes famous for their natural beauty, incredible geologic formations (including easy-to-explore underwater caves), and abundant marine life.
Yal Ku Lagoon, one of the largest cenotes in the region in terms of surface area, is home to a wide range of wildlife and provides safe snorkeling in Tulum for swimmers of all ages. You’ll get the chance to snorkel at Yal Ku on our Tulum, Cenote & Snorkeling Tour here at Cancun Adventures. Learn more about all that our tour includes below, and book with us today!
What's included in this tour
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cancun and Playa del Carmen
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entrance to archeological site, cenotes and Yalku
- Snorkeling gear
- Life jacket
- Bottled water
- Lunch at the beautiful and exclusive Punta Venado beach club
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum Age: 8 years
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility
- Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- A change of clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Water shoes
- Extra money for souvenirs and snacks