Cancun Cenotes & Snorkeling Tour
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
3 and a Half Hours
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
- Explore a cenote - a natural sinkhole considered sacred by the ancient Maya civilization.
- Navigate through the breathtaking caves and caverns of Cancun's beautiful cenotes and discover the history of stalactites and stalagmites as you explore the ancient rock formations.
- Snorkel amongst vibrant marine life in the famous Yal-kú Lagoon in Playa del Carmen.
- Enjoy a scenic ride with round-trip AC transportation included.
Jump in and float along on a guided tour in the brisk waters of a unique geological element of Mexico - the ancient Mayan Cenotes. Cenotes are natural sinkholes that expose groundwater underneath.
Navigate through breathtaking caves and caverns and discover the history of stalactites and stalagmites as you explore the ancient rock formations up close! Next, snorkel through an incredible lagoon brimming with aquatic life.
Weave in and out of large rocks reefs that are home to a diverse assortment of tropical fish in this hidden gem of the Caribbean coast.
Cenote Snorkeling in Cancun — Experience the Cenotes Firsthand
When most people think of snorkeling in Cancun, they likely think of the beach. After all, most snorkeling excursions take place in shallow ocean waters just off the coasts of tropical hotspots. But Cancun is no ordinary tropical destination.
This magical region is home to a number of cenotes, natural sinkholes filled with pristine water, that offer a truly one-of-a-kind snorkeling experience from inland destinations. On our tour, you'll get to swim in subterranean reefs.
You'll get see and touch stunning rock formations, and visit the famous Yal-kú Lagoon in Playa del Carmen. For a truly unique type of snorkeling in Cancun, this is the tour for you.
All About the Cancun Cenotes
Millions of years ago, much of the Yucatan Peninsula was covered by ocean water. As ocean levels decreased through the Ice Age to the modern-day, the water receded to leave behind the peninsula we know today. This great movement of water led to massive erosion and the creation of cave systems and sinkholes connected to the sea.
If you know where to look, you can find bodies of seawater hidden within the land of the Yucatan Peninsula just outside of Cancun. These are the Cancun cenotes. Many of these amazing underground water sources feature truly breathtaking cave formations.
Others harbor a rich variety of marine life. By taking our Cenotes & Snorkeling Tour here at Cancun Adventures, you'll get to experience these natural wonders firsthand.
A Truly Immersive Tour
At Cancun Adventures, we are committed to helping travelers experience the wonders of Cancun up close and personal. That's why we've put together this intimate and comprehensive cenote & Snorkeling Tour.
Led by the region's top tour guides, our tour gives you the opportunity to snorkel in Cancun and Playa del Carmen's most stunning cenotes and lagoons.
Great for kids, teens, and adults, this tour allows you to take an exploration into your own hands — in landscapes you truly have to see to believe! Round trip transportation is provided. Book your Cenotes & Snorkeling Tour with our team today!
What's included in this tour
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entrance to the cenotes and Yal-Kú Lagoon
- Snorkeling equipment
- Bottled water
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cancun and Playa del Carmen
- Professional photography services
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum Age: 8 years
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility
- Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
What to bring
- Wear your Swimsuit
- Towel beach
- A change of clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen and repellent
- Water shoes
- Extra money for optional purchases