Tulum, Cenote & Snorkeling Tour
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Your adventure begins with a hotel pick-up (available to and from most hotels in Playa del Carmen), followed by a guided entrance to our archeological sites, visit a cenote and snorkeling in Yalku. Before exploring the Yal Ku, you’ll be provided with the necessary equipment to enjoy these natural phenomena, safely.
Following your beach exploration, you’ll enjoy lunch at the beautiful Punta Venado beach club, ending the tour with a drive back to your hotel.
Pristine Snorkeling — Protected From the Rough Sea
While there are many snorkeling options in the greater Cancun area, few are more unique or more breathtaking than snorkeling in Akumal in the waters of Yal Ku as well as the cenote in the area.
These beautiful, naturally-occurring bodies of water are found inland, tucked away from the currents of the sea. Unique in its geology and dazzling array of marine life, Yal Ku Lagoon offers a truly one-of-a-kind swimming experience.
On our Cenotes Tulum tour, you’ll get the opportunity to visit the popular cenote near Tulum firsthand with expert guidance of our tour leaders. We’ll also visit Yal Ku Lagoon, a large, shallow lagoon famous for its marine inhabitants.
About Yal Ku and the Cenotes of Tulum
Thousands of years ago, ocean levels began to drop to where they are today. The movement of water over centuries created holes and gaps in the landscape, some of which were close enough to oceans to retain water.
These connected yet mostly landlocked bodies of water are known as cenotes. The greater Cancun region is home to a number of popular cenotes famous for their natural beauty, incredible geologic formations (including easy-to-explore underwater caves), and abundant marine life.
Yal Ku Lagoon, one of the largest lagoons in the region in terms of surface area, is home to a wide range of wildlife and provides safe snorkeling in Akumal for swimmers of all ages. You’ll get the chance to snorkel at Yal Ku on our Tulum, Cenote & Snorkeling Tour here at Cancun Adventures. Learn more about all that our tour includes below, and book with us today!
What's included in this tour
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entrance to archeological site, cenotes and Yalku
- Snorkeling gear
- Life jacket
- Bottled water
- Lunch at the beautiful and exclusive Punta Venado beach club
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum Age: 8 years. Child pricing applies to ages 8 to 11 years.
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility
- Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
- Please consider 2 to 5 hours of transportation for this tour. The actual time depends on your hotel's location.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- A change of clothes
- Sun protective clothing
- Water shoes
- Extra money for souvenirs and snacks