Coba & Cenote Private Tour
From: $680 USD-30%
From: $476 USD
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Discover Coba in private and explore a Mayan cenote!
Experience Mexico’s history like never before on a cultural tour that takes you to some of the most archaeologically significant and well-preserved ruins in the Mayan Empire. Our Mayan Cenote and Coba Private Tour let you and your group run your hands over ancient wonders and walk-up spectacular pyramids before you take the plunge into Cancun’s famous cenotes for a guided snorkeling session.
Book a Private Coba & Cenote Tour and discover the Mayan world at your own pace!
The advantage of exploring Coba on a private tour is that you can go at your own pace, you can spend as much time swimming at the impressive underground cenote, take a break at any moment and, of course, our Certified Guide will be entirely dedicated to answering your questions and revealing all of the greatness of this amazing Mayan city and the civilization behind it.
Enjoy a Coba & Cenote Private Tour starting at $ 680 USD for 2 passengers. Please see the chart below for larger groups. Contact our Travel Advisor and start planning your private tour to Coba and a Mayan cenote at 1-866-854-3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 passengers: $ 680 USD
- 4 passengers: $ 820 USD
- 6 passengers: $ 950 USD
- 8 passengers: $ 1,090 USD
- 10 passengers: $ 1,220 USD
- 12 passengers: $ 1,350 USD
Discover the Nohoch Mul Temple
At roughly 138 feet tall, Nohoch Mul is the tallest Mayan pyramid on the Yucatan peninsula. It was the primary temple of this pre-Columbian city, and standing on the same stone platforms where Mayan priests once practiced their rituals is a once in a lifetime experience you’ll remember forever. Throughout your Mayan Cenote and Coba Private Tour, our knowledgeable bilingual guides will answer all of your questions about what life was like when the Mayan civilization was in its heyday.
Walk the Cobá-Yaxuná Causeway
The ancient city of Coba - which is more than 1,000 years old - is where the largest network of stone causeways in the Mayan world meet. You and your group will also have the opportunity to meander through the site, exploring the grand Cobá-Yaxuná causeway and other ceremonial roads, a Mayan ball court, buildings, and Grupo Cobá, one of the site’s other pyramids. Another intriguing feature of the site that you’ll discover are the stelae - upright stone sculptures that stand as a record of the history of the Mesoamerican civilization. The engravings on these stones were used to record changes in population, document ceremonial life, and serve as a record of import events in the Mayan world.
Swim Cancun’s Amazing Cenotes
After immersing yourself in history, your Mayan Cenote and Coba Private Tour will continue with a trip to swim in the cenotes. The refreshing waters in these cenotes are some of the clearest and most beautiful in all of Mexico. These underground pools were formed millions of years ago when the water receded from the Yucatan Peninsula, leaving behind a network of incredible cave formations that are full of beautiful rock structures.
Mayan Cenote and Coba Private Tour Tips
This is a wonderful tour for families who are comfortable with moderate levels of activity. Sturdy walking shoes are a must, and you may find you’re more comfortable in the Yucatan sun if you bring a hat with a brim. You’ll be wearing a life vest as you explore the cenotes but it’s still important that everyone in your group has mastered basic swimming skills.
What's included in this tour
- Certified bilingual guide
- Entrance to archeological site and cenote
- Life vests
- Bottled water
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cancun and Playa del Carmen
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum Age: 8 years
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility
- For water activities, guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance
- Please consider 2 to 5 hours of transportation for this tour. The actual time depends on your hotel's location.
What to bring
- Sun Protective clothing and repellent
- Change of clothes (Optional)
- Extra money/cash for additional expenses