Coba & Turtle Adventure
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
6 and a Half Hours
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Explore the Ancient Ruins of Coba
Come and discover this Mayan treasure nestled in the lush jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula. Cobá is the nexus of the largest network of "sacbé" or stone roads of the ancient Maya civilization and recognized by its stelae, large engraved stones used to record significant events, by doing it, they left a whole cultural legacy behind.
See the Tallest Temple in the Yucatan, Nohoch Mul
One of the highlights of this tour is visiting Nohoch Mul. It is recognized as the tallest temple in the Yucatan Peninsula. The largest of the pyramids within the Nohoch Mul group is called Ixmoja which is 42 meters (138 feet) tall and has 120 steps from bottom to top. Though guests are not able to climb these steps at this time, it is still a wonderful opportunity to take in the beauty of the ancient Mayan ruins from the top of the pyramid.
Snorkel with Turtles in their Natural Habitat at Akumal
In our next stop, we are visiting the picturesque coastal community of Akumal, well known for its relaxed and natural atmosphere. Its warm waters are the perfect setting for sea turtles that have adopted this site as their home. The word Akumal in Maya means, "place of turtles." Our experienced staff will guide you during this impressive snorkeling experience giving you the opportunity to see the turtles in their natural habitat.
Finish of the Day with Lunch on the Beach
Finally, we will take you to our exclusive hideaway at Punta Venado beach club to enjoy a delicious regional lunch and to relax in this idyllic place before going back to your hotel. This eco adventure is full of cultural and wildlife experiences that will live in your memories for a lifetime.
What's included in this tour
- A/C land transportation
- Professional guide
- Entrance to the archaeological site of Coba, Akumal and activities
- Snack on board our vans (bottled water, fruit and crackers)
- Snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins) and life jacket (mandatory)
- Lunch at Punta Venado Beach Club
What do you need to know before you book
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility
- Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
- Please consider 2 to 5 hours of transportation for this tour. The actual time depends on your hotel's location.
What to bring
- Bathing suit under their clothing
- Comfortable clothing and footwear or water shoes
- A change of clothes, sunglasses and beach towel
- Underwater camera
- Extra money
- Sun protective clothing and insects repellent