Coba & Turtle Adventure
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
6 and a Half Hours
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Come and discover this Mayan treasure nestled in the lush jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula. Cobá is the nexus of the largest network of "sacbé" or stone roads of the ancient Maya civilization and recognized by its stelae, large engraved stones used to record significant events, by doing it, they left a whole cultural legacy behind. The highlight is the climbing of Nohoch Mul. This is the highest temple on the peninsula! When you climb this imposing building and take in the beautiful view from the top, you will be amazed! Truly a unique experience!
In our next stop, we are visiting the picturesque coastal community of Akumal, well known for its relaxed and natural atmosphere. Its warm waters are the perfect setting for turtles to have adopted this site as their home. The word Akumal in Maya means, "place of turtles." Our experienced staff will guide you during this impressive swimming experience giving you the opportunity to see the turtles in their natural habitat.
Finally, we will take you to our exclusive hideaway on the beach to enjoy a delicious lunch and to relax in this idyllic place before going back to your hotel.
What's included in this tour
- A/C land transportation
- Professional guide
- Entrance to the archaeological site of Coba, Akumal and activities
- Snack on board our vans (bottled water, fruit and crackers)
- Snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins) and life jacket (mandatory)
- Lunch at Punta Venado Beach Club
What do you need to know before you book
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim.
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation in any snorkel activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness.
- Round-trip transportation is included from select hotels exclusively for our guests who book their tours at least 24 hours in advance.
What to bring
- Bathing suit under their clothing
- Comfortable clothing and footwear or water shoes
- A change of clothes, sunglasses and beach towel
- Underwater camera
- Extra money